Is It Possible To Live In Your House During A Re-roof?
Essential Things You Should Know Before Re-Roofing Your House
Is it possible to live in your house while the re-roof is underway? Well, that’s a loaded question that doesn’t have a simple answer. In many cases, yes, you can live in your home during a re-roof, but it depends on the size of your roof, how long the project will take, and other factors.
In most cases, your re-roof project might happen while you live in the home. If that’s the case, you want to ensure you’re informed before hiring a Sun city roofing contractor.
To help you get well-informed, we have created this article with the essential things you should know before re-roofing your house.
What Exactly Is A Re-Roof?
Roof Replacement is a process that consists of creating from scratch a new roof covering your house. Many things are necessary to build this covering. Most homeowners live in their homes during the re-roofing process, but others find it more comfortable to plan some time away.
How Much Time Does A Roofer Need To Rebuild A Roof?
It depends. Each circumstance is different, but fortunately, re-roofing a house in good weather takes a few days and not weeks or months. Nevertheless, the time depends on the type of roof and other conditions.
Tile roofs are very common in Phoenix and Mesa. This type of roof is heavier than others, so the process to replace it is more complicated. It usually takes four to nine days to complete the project.
Some of the factors that can affect how long it will take are:
- The square footage of the home (size)
- Angles or Pitch (the aspects of many parts of the roof)
- If there is damage to the roof the Queen Creek roofing company has to repair first
- Accessibility of the roof from the ground, including if there are numerous places where workers can get materials and equipment for the project
- Unexpected weather. This is not usual in Arizona, but it can happen. Besides, roofers are affected by extreme heat, so the project may take longer during summertime.
If you only need a partial re-roof, the roofer may require only one or two days to finish the project.
When Should I Replace My Roof?
Your roof has a limited lifespan; it cannot last forever. The average roof lasts 15-25 years or so, although it depends on the material. But generally speaking, if your roof has more than 20 years old, you should already think about a replacement.
Never try to do a re-roof on your own. You should always contact a professional. You can contact a trusted roofer if you see any buckling, strange gaps, or appearance in the roof.
You should also contact a roofer if you notice sudden leaks or stains from the ceiling, or if you hear odd noises. You should do the same if you see broken tiles or if any fall off the roof.
Contact a trusted Glendale roofing company to receive the best solution.
So, Should I Stay Home During A Re-Roof?
In the end, the answer is completely up to you. If you want to ensure your roof is being properly installed, then you can stay home. But, if you prefer to rent a room for a while to feel more comfortable, it’s ok too.
If you want to stay home, your roofer shouldn’t have any issues with it. However, consider all the factors of staying at home while the project is underway. If you have children, it’s better to stay away because dust and other elements can be dangerous for them.
How Can I Prepare For A Re-Roofing?
- Clear away outdoor furniture, toys, vehicles, and other external elements to avoid damage. Cover plants and ornaments.
- If you stay home, be ready for the noise, it will be loud and irritating.
- Cover any external belongings that you can’t move and cover items in the attic that could be damaged.
- Alert your neighbors about the re-roof
- Find a safe place for your pets and children (they can stay in someone else’s house, for example).
- Be prepared for the debris.
When Should I Contact A Phoenix Roofing Contractor?
You should contact a roofing contractor as soon as you see any sign of damage to your roof. At Canyon State Roofing we guarantee an exceptional service to ensure your roof is in good condition. We can evaluate your roof to see what’s the best solution for the damage so you can have peace of mind. Contact us now to schedule a FREE estimate!