Commercial Standing Seam Metal Roof installed by Canyon State Roofing
1. How many Standing Seam Metal Roofs has your roofing salesman sold?
If your roofing salesman is not a true Journeyman roofer, it can be very easy to mis-measure, or design the layout completely incorrectly! Standing Seam Metal is very different from any other type of roofing material. With Shingles or Tile, many times all the salesman has to do is take the correct measurements, and generally, the material order and install can be successful. With a Standing Seam Metal Roof, a very methodical approach to each measurement, and the complete overall design needs careful planning. ONLY A TRUE JOURNEYMAN ROOFER WITH MANY YEARS OF ROOFING EXPERIENCE should have a hand in the design of your new Standing Seam Metal Roof. Most roofing companies hire salesmen that are the “middle man” for the project. Your salesman may have had previous experience in selling concrete, home selling, or even car salesmanship, or worse, a storm chaser. But how much actual ROOFING experience does your salesperson have, and moreover, how much METAL ROOFING experience do they have?
Standing Seam Metal Roof installed by Canyon State Roofing in Phx, AZ
2. How many Standing Seam Metal Roofs in Phoenix have the Installation Team installed?
It is very easy to flub a metal roof install if you don’t have a lot of experience with this. The worst part is, once you start a botched metal roof install, most times, there is no going back and fixing it. You have to completely rip off the roof, order new materials, and start completely over. Not only will you be out time, but also possibly thousands of dollars! Be sure to find out how much experience the installers have on Standing Seam Metal Roofs.
Standing Seam Metal Roof installed by Canyon State Roofing in Tempe, AZ
3. What type of warranties does the manufacturer of the Standing Seam Metal Roof offer? What type of workmanship warranty will your roofing contractor offer?
4. Because of it’s lightweight quality, Standing Seam Metal roofs can many times be installed in a retrofit situation without additional permits, saving both extra time and money.
Standing Seam Metal Roof installed by Canyon State Roofing in Phoenix, AZ
5. The underlayment of a metal roof is extremely important because during installation, the underlayment is penetrated every 6-12 inches vertically, and 9 – 16 inches horizontally. We suggest using a modified or self-healing underlayment to go with your new metal roof. This will add to your assurance for a completely watertight seal. However, it is also worth mentioning that water should not penetrate under the metal to begin with.